I've just finished my second Inishfree Irish music tour. Its hard to explain just how fantastic it was. It's truly the bus tour for people who don't like bus tours. It happens at a relaxed pace. We stayed three nights in each fabulous hotel, hubbing out from Skibbereen, Dingle and Doolin. The evening music sessions were great craic and the days were filled with trips to some truly great sites. Because the coach is smaller, allowing for 23 guests, myself, Hugh McMillan and our guide ( Tomas) and driver ( Paddy) we went to some great out of the way places. The tour is short on twee and long on great info and stories.
The first two Irish excursions sold out rather quickly, but I am doing another in 2019. The dates are September 1st to September 10th, 2019. This time we will be doing a tour of South Western Ireland—Cork, Waterford,Kerry and Clare (where my grandmother hailed from). Exact detail on the tour is forth coming, but you can start, if you are interested, by contacting Innishfree Irish tours. Email here to ask for more info
The tour is run in cooperation with Inishfree Irish Musical Tours. My friend, David Francey has been leading tours for a number of years now, and he encouraged me to lead one myself!
I went to Ireland for the first time as backpacker when I was 19. My dad was from Monaghan, so I had grown up with the place as stories around the table or songs he sang me to sleep with.
I’ve been going back regularly ever since, but Inishfree has given me a great window on the local music scenes in each of the counties we visit. It's rare to be on the "inside" of a trad session, but Inishfree takes us there.
I get to bring 22 guests along with me. By day we visit gorgeous coastal scenery, beaches, green hills and valleys, visiting ancient sites, stone circles, fishing villages, and more. Each night we return to our hotel, rest and refresh, and meet up for dinner and music with local musicians along the way. We stay three days and nights in three adjoining counties, travelling in a luxury 25-30 seat coach with an Irish driver and an Irish guide. InishFree has been doing this for a long time. Tour leaders have included David Francey, Buddy Mondlock and Kate Campbell.
If you have questions or would like to book, contact Vicki Belinoski at Inishfree Tours
- For 2020 The cost is $2600 fee per person (based on double occupancy). A limited number of "single room supplements" may be available for an extra $500 for $3100 total)
- The price covers 9 nights of lodging during the tour, all breakfasts, three group banquet dinners, all music costs, all museum and heritage center entry fees, and a seat on the luxury coach.
- We drop folks back off at the Shannon SNN airport on the last day of the tour.
- You pay for your flights, lunches, six dinners, and your drinks and tips and any extra excursions, B&B's, etc., that you opt for before and after the tour.
- Once you've decided to join us we'll need to know your name(s), email address, and whether you need one or two beds.
- Inishfree Tours will then send out email invoices that can be paid online with a credit card.
- We split the total cost into three payments.
- There is an initial deposit ( 1/3 of the cost) up front to secure your slot.
- There is a second third payment is due 6 months out .
- The final payment of will be due 3 months out (Feb 12 2017).